Providing Legal Advice and In-Court Representation Services to the Coachella Valley, Inland San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, and the Colorado River region.
Denise M. Meenan, Attorney at Law
My name is Denise Meenan, I started my legal career in the city and I am happy to now call the Desert Southwest my home. I am an attorney licensed to practice law in the highest courts of the states of California and Washington, as well as Federal Administrative Courts. After eight years in legal aid/public interest law, and ten years working as a Legal Assistance Attorney for the U.S. Army, I am pleased to be operating my own law firm, serving the Palm Springs and Coachella Valley areas as well as other inland areas of San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
A Little About Me - A Dedication to Justice
My eight years working as a legal aid and public interest attorney were spent in the Los Angeles area and the Inland Empire. Most recently, while working as a Department of Army Civilian for the past ten years, I worked in Germany, Washington, and Arizona. My Army employment includes: Chief of Client Services, Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, Fort Huachuca, AZ; Attorney-Advisor, Legal Assistance, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA; and Chief of Legal Assistance, Ansbach Law Center, Katterbach, Germany. While at the U.S. Army, my legal assistance office won many awards including the Army Chief of Staff Award for Excellence in Legal Assistance in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
I am a graduate of the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, Ca, and was admitted to the California Bar December, 2001. I was admitted to the Washington State Bar July 2016. I am licensed to practice in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the United States District Court, Central District of California, as well as the California Supreme Court. I began my legal career while a student at McGeorge Law School where I worked at Sacramento Child Advocates in Sacramento, California, the McGeorge Community Legal Services Clinic and the Small Claims Advisor Office. While in law school I spent my 2L summer working at the Riverside County District Attorney Office in Indio, CA. Other past employment includes: Staff Attorney - Inland Counties Legal Services; Staff Attorney - Riverside County Juvenile Court; Staff Attorney - Community Legal Services; Indian Child Welfare Act Coordinator - Chemehuevi Indian Tribe. I am a former board member of the Riverside County Child Abuse Prevention Center, and the Mohave County Interagency Council. I have also provided extensive pro-bono legal services to the Los Angeles County Bar Association Domestic Violence Program; the Harriet Buhai Family Law Center in Los Angeles; the Sacramento Food Bank Mother and Baby Program; the Arizona Supreme Court Foster Care Review Board; and the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program. I have been a Certified Arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau, and a past member of the Riverside County CARE team - a task force aimed at preventing abuse of vulnerable senior citizens. I have been qualified as a certified CLE provider.
I am a former Certified Arbitrator for the Better Business Bureau.
Volunteer activities include: Sacramento Child Advocates in Sacramento, CA; McGeorge Community Legal Services Clinic; Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA); Board Member- Child Abuse Prevention Center, Riverside County, CA; Los Angeles County Bar Association - Domestic Violence Program; Harriet Buhai Family Law Center - Volunteer Lawyer; Sacramento Food Bank - Mother and Baby Program; Arizona Supreme Court Foster Care Review Board Member- Dependent Children's Services Division; former member of the Riverside County CARE team- a multi disciplinary task force aimed at preventing physical, financial and domestic abuse against vulnerable senior citizens. I also currently operate a non-profit providing free legal services to Soldiers and Veterans: www.betterlivesforsoldiers.org.
I am a general practitioner, my 18+ years of experience have provided me knowledge, skill and expertise in a wide variety of legal matters. Some areas of advanced skill, training and experience include:
● Landlord Tenant
● Veterans Benefits
● Military Law
● Juvenile Dependency
MILITARY FAMILY LAW ... Did you know? Many family law attorneys will assist you in obtaining a divorce but will "reserve" on the division of a military pension, this means your pension has not been divided! I can prepare and file the necessary paperwork to divide your military pension.
LANDLORD TENANT ... When a dispute arises out of a lease or rental agreement you may need help, fast. I have over 18 years of experience in landlord tenant law and have helped hundreds resolve such disputes.
MILITARY ADMINISTRATIVE LAW … Discharge Upgrades, Board of Correction of Military Records, Evaluation Rebuttals, FLIPLs, POSTA rebuttals, all types of reprimands and GOMORs, FOIA requests, Titling issues, security clearance rebuttals, DFAS debt issues, and much more.
Legal Disclaimer for Website:
• This website, is produced for informational purposes only.
• Denise Meenan, the Attorney, is licensed to practice law in the state and federal courts of the States of California and Washington, as well as the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
• The Website is published and maintained for general educational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice on any subject matter whatsoever. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. Due to frequent changes in the law, some of the information on the Website may not reflect the current state of the law. No viewer of the Website, client or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the Website without seeking appropriate legal advice (in consideration of the particular facts and circumstances at issue) from an attorney.
• Your use of the Website does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and the Attorney or between you and the Firm. Contacting the Attorney or the Firm through the Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Attorney or between you and the Firm. Leaving a comment on any blog maintained on the Website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Attorney or between you and the Firm.
• Nothing on the Website is intended to guaranty, warranty, or predict the outcome of a particular case and should not be construed as such a guaranty, warranty, or prediction.
• Any information sent to the Firm by internet, email, or through the Website is not secure and is sent on a non-confidential basis.
• Links to third-party websites published on the Website are provided for convenience only and do not imply the Attorney’s endorsement, recommendation, or approval of the third-party websites, their content, or the services/products provided. Neither the Attorney nor the Firm is responsible for the content and accuracy of information contained on third-party websites.
• Any inclusion on the Website of material from identified sources is for educational purposes only and is not intended to infringe on the copyrights of the identified sources.
To make a payment in accordance with the terms and conditions contained within our written agreement, please use the button below or call our office to schedule payment.